To schedule a presentation from Safer, click here. Please allow for at least 2 weeks’ notice.
Safer offers presentations, workshops, and other educational events for many groups in the Cal Poly community including:
- University Housing
- Greek Life
- Clubs and organizations
- And many others!
Our staff enjoys engaging with students from all across campus to educate and engage them about the movement to end violence in our community.
Safer offers a series of trainings available to Cal Poly students, faculty and staff. Each is designed to give individuals a deeper understanding of the cultural and societal contributors to gender based violence and provide the tools needed to become a campus leader.
Safer Leadership Training (Offered quarterly)
After completing our Safer Leadership Training, you will:
- Have extensive knowledge of topics regarding sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Be able to discuss what it means to have consent
- Know how to respond when someone discloses they have experienced sexual assault or dating violence
- Demonstrate positive bystander intervention
- Connect issues surrounding gender socialization with primary prevention efforts
- Learn the neurobiology and psychology of trauma
- Understand the criminal and investigation processes
- Learn from county resources
Our Leadership Training is interactive and discussion based, conducted by Safer student assistants in collaboration with on-campus and off-campus community resources.
Greeks Against Sexual Assault (offered Winter Quarter)
This training is for members of the Greek community who want to actively change the cultural norms that perpetuate sexual assault. This 4-week educational program focuses on educating and empowering individuals to take action in ending sexual assault. Topics of discussion include a basic education on gender-based violence, gender norms that contribute to sexual assault, relationships, and positive masculinity. This program is 4 weeks with 2 hours for each session, one group is offered for men and another for women.