To schedule a presentation from Safer, click here. Please allow for at least 2 weeks notice.
Safer offers presentations, workshops, and other educational events for many groups in the Cal Poly community including:
- University Housing
- Greek Life
- Clubs and organizations
- And many others!
Our staff enjoys engaging with students from all across campus to educate and engage them about the movement to end violence in our community.
Safer offers a series of trainings available to Cal Poly students, faculty and staff. Each is designed to give individuals a deeper understanding of the cultural and societal contributors to gender-based violence and provide the tools needed to become a campus leader.
Safer Leadership Training (Offered quarterly)
After completing our Safer Leadership Training, you will:
- Have extensive knowledge of topics regarding sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Be able to discuss what it means to have consent
- Know how to respond when someone discloses they have experienced sexual assault or dating violence
- Demonstrate positive bystander intervention
- Connect issues surrounding gender socialization with primary prevention efforts
- Learn the neurobiology and psychology of trauma
- Understand the criminal and investigation processes
- Learn from county resources
Our Leadership Training is interactive and discussion based, conducted by Safer student assistants in collaboration with on-campus and off-campus community resources.