To schedule a presentation from Safer, click here. Please allow for at least 2 weeks notice.
Safer offers presentations, workshops, and other educational events for many groups in the Cal Poly community including:
- University Housing
- Greek Life
- Clubs and organizations
- And many others!
Our staff enjoys engaging with students from all across campus to educate and engage them about the movement to end violence in our community.
Safer Leadership Training (Offered quarterly)
After completing our Safer Leadership Training, you will:
- Have extensive knowledge of topics regarding sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Be able to discuss what it means to have consent
- Know how to respond when someone discloses they have experienced sexual assault or dating violence
- Demonstrate positive bystander intervention
- Connect issues surrounding gender socialization with primary prevention efforts
- Learn the neurobiology and psychology of trauma
- Understand the criminal and investigation processes
- Learn from county resources
Our Leadership Training is interactive and discussion based, conducted by Safer student assistants in collaboration with on-campus and off-campus community resources.
APPLY HERE: Safer Leadership Training Application