- The Pride Center supports and advocates for the unique academic and social needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, and pansexual students to promote personal growth and success.
PRISM: LGBTQIA Peer Counseling & Mentoring
Online or in-person peer counseling for Cal Poly students
Office: University Union (Building 65), Room 209
Office of University Diversity and Inclusivity
- Lumina Alliance is a local non-profit in San Luis Obispo County that provides confidential counseling and services for survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence.
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline: (805) 545-8888
- Business Line: (805) 781-6400
- Website, information and hotline for GLBTQ survivors of domestic violence and their families. Hotline: 800.832.1901
- The Network/La Red hotline provides emotional support, information, and safety planning for lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and transgender people, as well as people in the BDSM or Polyamorous communities who are being abused or have been abused by a partner. Support available in English and Spanish. Hotline: 617.742.4911
A coalition of programs that document and advocate for victims of anti-LGBT and anti-HIV/AIDS violence/harassment, domestic violence, sexual assault, police misconduct and other forms of victimization. Site has a list of anti-violence programs and publications. Hotline: 212.714.1141
Help and suicide prevention for GBLTQ youth. Hotline: 866.488.7386
- Call center that refers to over 15,000 resources across the country that support LGBTQ individuals. Hotline: 888.THE.GLNH (843.4564)
FORGE (For Ourselves: Reworking Gender Expression)
Home to the Transgender Sexual Violence Project. Provides services and publishes research for transgender persons experiencing violence and their loved ones. Hotline: 414.559.2123
- A comprehensive guide by Forge (For Ourselves: Reworking Gender Expression) on accessing therapy and counseling, expectations, and issues unique to transgender individuals. Hotline: 414.559.2123
Directory of LGBT-friendly mental health specialists across the United States. Specialists listed are verified members of AGLBTIC, a division of the American Counseling Association.
Including the LGBT Community When Addressing Sexual Violence on College Campuses – The Center for American Progress
This article discusses sexual assault in the LGBTQ community on college campuses. The article discusses Title IX, the effect on survivors, and cultural competence.
A comprehensive look at the rates and effects of sexual violence on individuals in the LGBTQ community, as well as resources available.