Safer Leadership Training
Our Safer Leadership Training is an 8-week extracurricular course about gender- & power-based violence prevention & response. This training is offered quarterly during the academic year!
By taking this training you are taking the first step in becoming a campus leader to end all forms of gender- and power-based violence, including sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, exploitation, and stalking. Learn how to be an ally to survivors, as well as engage in campus- and community-wide prevention efforts! This course is taught through an intersectional social justice & public health lens.
After completing our Safer Leadership Training (SLT), you will:
- Contextualize the movement against violence within broader systems of oppression & history of colonization
- Have extensive knowledge of topics regarding sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking
- Understand dynamics of healthy relationships, healthy sexual experiences, boundaries, communication and roots of equity
- Gain confidence responding to disclosures of gender- & power-based violence
- Learn the neurobiology and psychology of trauma
- Demonstrate positive bystander intervention behaviors & pro-social norm setting
- Articulate public health models and frameworks for violence prevention
- Differentiate various reporting and justice pathways (law enforcement, Title IX, restorative/transformative justice)
- Learn from on- & off-campus resources
Our Safer Leadership Training is interactive and discussion-based, conducted by Safer professional staff in collaboration with our student peer leaders, as well as on-campus and off-campus community resources.
Winter Quarter 2023
8 sessions (week 2 - week 10)
1/20, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10
Fridays ∙ 10am-12pm
APPLY HERE! Applications are due Friday, 1/13 at 12pm.
After completing Safer Leadership Training, you are eligible to volunteer, intern, or work with Safer! click here for more information about each of these opportunities.