Safer Leadership Training
Our Safer Leadership Training is a 7-week extracurricular course about gender- & power-based violence prevention & response. This training is offered quarterly during the academic year!
By taking this training you are taking the first step in becoming a campus leader to end all forms of gender- and power-based violence, including sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, exploitation, and stalking. Learn how to be an ally to survivors, as well as engage in campus- and community-wide prevention efforts! This course is taught through an intersectional social justice & public health lens.
After completing our Safer Leadership Training (SLT), you will:
- Have extensive knowledge of topics regarding sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking
- Know how to respond when someone discloses they have experienced gender- & power-based violence
- Demonstrate positive bystander intervention & pro-social norm setting
- Connect issues surrounding identity socialization with primary prevention efforts - how gender- & power-based violence is linked to a culture of oppression & supremacy
- Learn the neurobiology and psychology of trauma
- Understand the criminal and investigation processes
- Learn from county resources for survivors & loved ones
Our Safer Leadership Training is interactive and discussion based, conducted by Safer professional staff in collaboration with our student peer leaders, as well as on-campus and off-campus community resources.
After completing Safer Leadership Training, you are eligible to volunteer, intern, or work with Safer! click here for more information about each of these opportunities.