Make an Appointment
Thank you for visiting our appointment scheduling page.
We see you. We hear you. We believe you.
Safer’s office is currently open Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, excluding campus holidays and closures. We are currently offering both in-person and virtual services.
FOR FALL QUARTER 2023: If you are seeking an alternative format for the mandatory campus sexual misconduct training, please click here to schedule a consultation with an Advocate: Alternative Training Consultation
Please note, that if you are scheduling with the first available Advocate, the default meeting format will be virtual. Your Advocate will reach out to confirm your meeting format preference.
When making an appointment, an up-to-date calendar showing our Advocate’s availability will be presented to you. After selecting a time and date, Calendly will prompt you to fill out a short form, including your name, email, pronouns, and any other additional information that would be helpful for your Advocate to know prior to the meeting.
- You will have the option to choose between phone-based appointments, Zoom video conference calls or in-person.
- If this is your first appointment, intake paperwork will be sent to your email to complete prior to your meeting.
- For virtual appointments, join the Zoom video conference with the link Calendly provided you or have your phone nearby and wait for the Campus Advocate to call you.
Safer has full-time confidential Campus Advocates that are here to support you. You can read their bios and make an appointment with them individually below:
Gillian Cutshaw (she/her/hers)
Hello! I’m Gillian (pronounced with a hard G) and I’m one of the Campus Advocates with Safer. I’m so glad you’ve found your way to our page and that you’re considering connecting with an Advocate. Here’s a little bit about me: I’m originally from Southern California, and I’m a Cal Poly alum with a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and a master’s in Gender and Women’s Studies from Trinity College in Ireland. I’ve been involved in gender-based violence prevention and survivor support since 2004 when I started my career at Lumina Alliance (formerly known as RISE) as the Education Services Coordinator. Prior to joining the Safer team, I spent six years as the Coordinator of Sexual Assault Prevention, Outreach, and Education at Saint Mary’s College in Moraga and one year Santa Clara University as the Assistant Director of the Wellness Center. In both roles, I was lucky enough to provide educational outreach, advocacy, and crisis counseling services to survivors of gender and power-based violence. I started my dream job as a Campus Advocate with Safer in May of 2020 and I’m truly thrilled to be back at Cal Poly. I’m a lifelong feminist and ally of the LGBTQIA+ community and I’m passionate about using my privileged identities to advocate for marginalized communities. I have a lot of experience in supporting students through Title IX investigations and hearings and I’m dedicated to providing all survivors with a safe and welcoming space where they can feel heard, validated, valued, and believed. I live in South County with my husband and our two children. I love to travel and I spend my free time reading, going to the beach, and playing with my kids.
Make an appointment with Gillian: calendly.com/gcutshaw
Irene Tobias (they/she/elle)
Hi! I'm Irene, a queer, non-binary, Latinx professional who graduated from California State University San Bernardino with B.A. in Sociology and a minor in Gender and Sexuality Studies. As an undergraduate student, I worked at the Women's Resource Center, volunteered with Survivor Advocacy Services, and found my passion for supporting survivors. In 2018, I started my career at the Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center as a Prevention Specialist providing violence prevention education and survivor advocacy to Riverside County. After two years, I joined House of Ruth as a Prevention Educator to best support survivors of intimate partner violence in Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties. I discovered my passion for developing survivor-centered healing programs during my time as a Campus Advocate at Cal Poly and I'm excited to be back to bring these programs to life. I have primarily worked with young people, the Latinx community, and the LBGTQ+ community. When I'm not at work, I enjoy watching reality tv, sunsets at the beach, and live music.
Make an appointment with Irene: calendly.com/itobias
OTHER WAYS OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH US:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is checked only by our confidential professional staff members. (Please note that email is not the most secure form of communication.)
- Call 805-756-2282. Please leave a message with your contact information if a staff member is not able to answer. This voicemail is checked only by our confidential professional staff members.
OUTSIDE OF OUR BUSINESS HOURS:
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for emergency assistance.
- If you are not in immediate danger but would like to speak immediately to a confidential Advocate, call Lumina Alliance at 805-545-8888. Lumina Alliance is San Luis Obispo’s local center providing free, confidential services to survivors of sexual assault and intimate partner violence. This 24-hour helpline is staffed by California state-certified advocates.
- Click here for a full list of resource referrals.