Make an Appointment
Thank you for visiting our appointment scheduling page.
Message from our Advocates:
We see you. We hear you. We believe you.
Hello! We're so glad you're visiting our page. If you've experienced an instance of gender- & power-based violence, we want you to know that it is not your fault and we are wholeheartedly committed to your health and wellbeing. We recognize that experiencing this type of trauma can be life changing, and we want you to know that we believe you, you are not alone, and we’re here for you. You may be experiencing confusion, anxiety, fear, hopelessness, depression, anger, shock, so many other feelings, or nothing at all. No matter how you are coping with the harm that was done to you, we want all students, faculty, and staff to know that we are here to support you in whatever path you choose moving forward.
Schedule an Appointment with our Advocates
You can schedule a phone or video appointment with one of our confidential Campus Advocates via on our online scheduling platform, Calendly: calendly.com/safer-advocacy.
Safer’s office is currently open Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, excluding campus holidays. As of 3/18/2020, Safer is operating virtually.
When making an appointment, an up-to-date calendar showing our advocate’s availability will be presented to you. After selecting a time and date, Calendly will prompt you to fill out a short form, including your name, email, pronouns, and any other additional information that would be helpful for your advocate to know prior to the meeting (this may include any accessibility accommodations you may need).
- You will have the option to choose between phone-based appointments and Zoom video conference calls.
- Intake paperwork will be sent to your email to complete prior to your appointment.
- At the time of your appointment, join the Zoom video conference with the link Calendly provided you or have your phone nearby and wait for the Campus Advocate to call you.
OTHER WAYS OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH US:
- Email email@example.com. This email is checked only by our confidential professional staff members. (Please note that email is not always the most secure form of communication.)
- Call 805-756-2282 and leave a voicemail. We are not presently answering our phone system, but if you leave a voicemail with your information we will reach back out to you in your preferred manner. This voicemail is checked only by our confidential professional staff members.
OUTSIDE OF OUR BUSINESS HOURS:
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911 for emergency assistance.
- If you are not in immediate danger but would like to speak immediately to a confidential advocate, call RISE at 855-886-7473. RISE is San Luis Obispo’s local center providing free, confidential services to survivors of sexual assault and intimate partner violence. This 24-hour helpline is staffed by California state-certified advocates.
- Click here for a full list of resource referrals.