Safer is Cal Poly’s confidential advocacy, education and support resource for addressing sexual assault, sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking. Safer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or documentation status in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community.
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 805-756-2282
Location: University Union, Building 65, Room 217
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9am - 5pm
Christina Kaviani - Safer Director
|Kara Samaniego - Safer Coordinator
email@example.com | 805-756-2282
If you need help now:
If this is an emergency, call 911.
Other Confidential Resources
- Cal Poly Counseling Center: 805-756-1211
Physical Location: Building 27, Room 135
- RISE: 24 hour crisis line, 855-886-7473
51 Zaca Lane #100 San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 (off-campus)
- Women's Shelter Program of SLO: 24 hour crisis line, 805-781-6400
51 Zaca Lane #150, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 (off-campus)
- RAINN Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network: 1-800-656-HOPE
This 24 hour national hotline will automatically connect you to your nearest crisis center.
- Title IX Coordinator, Brian Gnandt: firstname.lastname@example.org | 805-756-1400
- University Police Department: 805-756-2281
- SLO Police Department: 805-781-7317
Leave Us Feedback!
If you have any concerns or feedback on Safer and/or Cal Poly’s efforts at combating sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking, please leave comments here. Feedback from anyone (students, faculty, staff, parents, etc.) is welcome.